Here are the latest classes and educational opportunities being offered. Join me on your journey to wellness and the support of others on their wellness journey.
MENDafter will launch in 2018. This is a wedding (like) registry for individuals that have had cancer. Register for the services that you need; massage, acupressure, cancer exercise training, and invite your family and friends help you meet your health and wellness goals. What most support networks desire is a way to provide effective help. This is a great tool to help with recovery from the adverse effects of cancer treatment. For more information, please visit https://www.mendafter.com/
Sandra J Wing Massage Services
- If you or a loved one are currently receiving treatment for cancer in the Tri-Valley area, you are eligible to receive a grant complimentary services through the Sandra J Wing Foundation. To apply for a grant, visit the website at http://www.healingtherapiesfoundation.org/index.html.
- To schedule a massage or a Jin Shin acupressure session, call Valley Medical Oncology Consultants and schedule a session with Kimberly. 925-734-8130.
- Sessions are provided on Mondays, 9am-2pm, at 5725 W Las Positas Blvd., Pleasanton.
Massage Education for 2018
Touch, Health and Common Conditions Tuition: $1950 125 hours
- This course is designed to give you the tools to research and make decisions about the safe practice and modifications of massage techniques to best serve your clients with chronic conditions such as fibromyalgia, Parkinson's, heart disease, diabetes, cancer, as well as understanding touch for aging populations and end-of-life care. The course includes a combination of lecture, hands-on applications and field trips to work with individuals with cerebral palsy, cancer and seniors.
- For more information visit; www.mckinnonbtc.com
- 3/06/18- 6/19/18 Tuesdays 9am-6pm
- 9/09/18- 12/16/18 Sundays 9am-6pm
- 2/05/19- 5/21/19 Tuesdays 9am-6pm
- 9/08/19- 12/22/19 Sundays 9am-6pm
Massage for Cancer Tuition: $440 Hours: 24
- The intention of this course is to give you the basic knowledge and experience to work safely and effectively with clients who are dealing with, or who have gone through cancer treatment. You will gain a sound basis for therapy modifications and the facility to communicate with and educate your clients about the reasons for your decisions. Course content includes understanding what cancer is and how it spreads, modifications for treatment side effects from chemotherapy, radiation, surgery, hormonal and targeted therapies, developing clarity around lymphedema risks and how to work safely with someone at risk, or who has lymphedema. Gaining comfort in these areas will improve the quality of your work and allow for the rewarding experience of working with clients during these stressful times and assist in improving their quality of life. The course will include lecture, hands-on applications and an on-site clinic experience.
- 4/27/18 - 4/29/18 Fri-Sun 9am-6pm
- 10/12/18 - 10/14/18 Fri-Sun 9am-6pm
- 4/05/19- 4/07/19 Fri-Sun 9am-6pm
- 10/19/19- 10/21/19 Fri-Sun 9am-6pm
- For more information, please visit www.mckinnonmassage.com