Training and Education:
- B.S. Kinesiology with an Emphasis in Human Movement, San Francisco State University
- National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork, Oncology Massage Specialist
- National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork Approved Continuing Education Provider #1066
- American College of Sports Medicine, Cancer Exercise Trainer #38702
- American Council on Exercise, Group Fitness Instructor #F99835
- California Massage Therapy Council Certified Massage Therapist #3629
- Society for Oncology Massage Preferred Provider
- Certified STAR Rehabilitation Clinician with Oncology Rehab Partners
- Certified Yoga Instructor, Mount Madonna Retreat Center, 200-hour program
- Certified Reiki Practitioner
- Institute For Health and Healing 1000-Hour Training as Massage Intern and Massage Supervisor in the Integrative Medicine and Spirituality Program.
- America Heart Association BLS for Healthcare Providers (CPR and AED) Program.
Kimberly began her journey as a wellness practitioner in 1994 when she first attended the Acupressure Institute in Berkeley. There she fell in love with the Five Element Theory and Asian styles of massage, such as Jin Shin Acupressure, Tui Na and Shiatsu. The foundational sciences within her bachelor degree program deepened her understanding of the human body and its amazing capacity to move, strengthen, adapt and heal. Her yoga training and fitness certifications further extended her bridge of knowledge and understanding of the benefits of movement and touch.
Kimberly combines her experience gained through her work at the Institute for Health and Healing at California Pacific Medical Center, the Charlotte Maxwell Complementary Clinic, EdenFit at Eden Hospital, and currently as a STAR Rehabilitation Partner for Stanford Health ValleyCare leading the Cancer Survivorship Program. In her personal practice with cancer patients, group fitness instruction and program consulting, she has created a deepened level of attention and care to offer every client a plan for personal or community centered wellness.
In addition to her movement and bodywork experience, Kimberly has worked as a wellness programming consultant and vocational educator. Since 2002 she has taught, Simple Stretching for Seniors, Anatomy and Physiology, Physiology, Condition Specific Massage for Upper and Lower Back Pain, Acu-Yoga, Touch for Chronic Illness, Elder Care Massage, Massage for the Cancer Journey and Massage and Cancer.
Kimberly has extensive experience in bodywork and movement with the following conditions:
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Joint Replacements
- Auto Immune Disorders such as rheumatoid arthritis, lupus, fibromyalgia
*Please note: Some of the above conditions may only allow for a very gentle session of acupressure or reike. All future clients, must complete the intake form for any bodywork sessions, as well as the Par-Q and possibly a Medical Release Form for any exercise programming . These items can be found in the forms tab.
I look forward to supporting your journey toward wellness!